Last Revised: May 23, 2018
TripBuilder Media Inc. (“TripBuilderMedia” or “we”) operates and maintains www.tripbuildermedia.com (our “Website”) and develops mobile applications for organizations (our “Customers”) to better engageand communicate with their audience both at their events and all year long for a variety of uses(each a “Customer App” and, together with our Website, our “Sites”).
Information We Collect
TripBuilder Media collects and uses information that, alone or in combination with other information, could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”) in order to deliver our products and services, inform you of various opportunities, and provide support, as described below.
Personal Data That You Voluntarily Provide To Us.
We primarily collect Personal Data provided to us by individuals when they interact with our products, services, and customer service. For example, you may voluntarily provide us with Personal Data when you ask to download content (such as a white paper or a brochure), submit a web form, call or email us directly, request a demonstration of our products or services, or submit your business card. The types of Personal Data that we collect vary, but generally include your name, address, telephone number, company name, job title, e-mail address, and other information that you voluntarily submit to us.
Personal Data Provided from Customer Apps
On our Customer Apps, we primarily collect Personal Data that you provide when you use one of our Customer Apps, including but not limited to your name, postal address, company name, country, title, e-mail address, phone number and/or a username and password that you create in connection with a Customer App or a Customer’s site. Our Customers decide what data to submit (this typically includes information about their customers, prospects, employees, consultants or independent contractors, suppliers and other individuals or third parties). We only collect this information under the direction of Customers, and have no direct relationship with the individuals whose Personal Data we process on Customer Apps. Types of Personal Data that may be provided to us via a Customer App include:
- Information on your social media accounts that you provide to us, such as your Twitter handle, your LinkedIn URL or Facebook page.
- Your company or personal Website URL.
- Your biographical details that you provide.
- Keyword search terms provided by our Customer to enable other Customer App users to find your profile more easily in the Customer App.
- Data that our Customer defines for us to collect or that to match you personally and professionally with other attendees of that same conference, such as what region of the country you are in, what industry you are in, etc.
- Information that you add to a Customer App such as the personal lists you build regarding sessions you want to attend (“MySchedule”); other attendees you want to contact (“MyContacts”); exhibitors you want to meet (“MyExhibitors”), and/or places where you might want to eat or visit while at one of a Customer’s conferences.
- Notes taken by you in a Customer App.
- Details on your conference session check in/out times.
- Information on lead retrieval scans that are captured by a Customer App.
- Any direct messages you send/receive to/from other Customer App users.
- Any photos you upload to the Customer App’s photo gallery.
- Any of your responses to any surveys or “gamification” questions on a Customer App.
- Any posts you upload to the activity feed in a Customer App.
This Personal Data is collected and used by TripBuilder Media solelyfor the purpose of enabling the functionality provided in the Customer App or, in the case of our Website, to facilitate a relationship or business transaction with you. By submitting a phone number or email address to us via our Website, you agree that a TripBuilder Media representative may contact you at the number or e-mail address you provide.
Information is also collected by TripBuilderMediato compile general website and Customer App usage statistics or facilitate access to restricted areas on our website or Customer Apps. Such information includes:
- IP address of computer
- Browser-related information
- Locations visited on the website and mobile app
- HTTP cookies
An IP address is used to verify access rights of registered users of our Sites. They also aid in the general administration of the Sites. In certain countries including the EEA (defined below), an IP address may be considered personal information. We use this information to ensure the security of our Sites. We may use and disclose your IP Addressas necessary in the event of a security concern or incident.
How We Use and Disclose Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us and our Customer to provide the best possible Customer App user experience. The use of your personal information in the following ways is necessary to achieve this and for the legitimate interests of TripBuilder Media and our Customer:
- To provide you with information relating to the conference or other activities of our Customer;
- To provide our Customer with statistical information about the users of their Customer App;
- To monitor and conduct an analysis of traffic and usage patterns of our Sites;
- As necessary in order to investigate, respond to, and address any issue or complaint made by you;
- As otherwise stated when your information was provided or collected;
- As otherwise required to enforce the terms of any agreement between you and us or our Customer or to comply with legal or regulatory obligations or requests; and/or
- To analyse trends in usage of our Sites.
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to our Customer and any affiliated business entities or third parties who use your personal information to provide services to us or our Customer. This includes, where applicable, our affiliates (if any), as well as third parties involved in the administration and operation of our Sites, as well as our Customer. We may also disclose your personal information to other third parties, such as:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party, whether through bankruptcy proceedings or other sale or merger.
- To auditors, contractors or other advisors auditing any of our business processes.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- When we are contractually obligated to disclose it.
E-mail and Text
TripBuilderMedia does not sell, trade or rent e-mail addresses or mobile phone numbers to any third party or use or disclose such informationfor marketing purposes (other than to Customers in connection with their Customer App), except as described below. TripBuilder Mediamay generate e-mail for the following types of communication:
- Notification e-mail or text to which the individual may subscribe and unsubscribe.
- Transactional e-mail or text, which is the result of a business transaction initiated with TripBuilderMedia.
- Relationship e-mail or text, which is sent as an informational service because of a relationship with TripBuilderMedia.
- Commercial e-mail, which is sent to promote one of our mobile apps (You may opt not to receive this type of e-mail or text message).
- Correspondence from our staff as a result of a communication initiated by you.
E-mail that has a provision for opt-out will include instructions on how to do so. All inquiries regarding subscription-based e-mails should be directed to TripBuilder MediaSales and Member Services department (see TripBuilderMediacontact information below).
TripBuilder Media does not sell, trade or rent postal mailing lists, comprised of full name and postal address to any third party.
To secure your information, we have put in place commercially suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect via our Sites. Nonetheless, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically via our Sites, and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
A “cookie” is a piece of text which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, this cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer. They present the content from our Sires in the most effective manner for you and your computer. When you use one of our Sites, cookies are set and accessed by or on our behalf for a number of purposes, including to:
- Access your information when you “sign in” to one of our Sites, so that we can provide you with customised content.
- identify you as a registered user of one of our Sites, so that you are able to use the Site for its intended purpose(s) without having to re-enter your information each time you do so;
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using one of our Sites;
- Estimate and report the audience size and traffic on our Sites;
- Conduct research to improve our Sites or our content; and/or
- Require you to re-enter your TripBuilder Media password after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents.
Third-Party Agents and Websites
TripBuilder Media uses third-party agents for several business purposes. These agents are permitted to use your personal information only to provide TripBuilder Mediawith a specific service and not for any other purpose. Please contact TripBuilder Media(see TripBuilderMediacontact information below) if you believe this policy has been violated.
Additional Rights for EEA; GDPR Rights
TripBuilder Media may collect or receive information from individuals in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), which currently comprises the member states of the European Union plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein or Switzerland. TripBuilder Media is committed to having a lawful basis for data transfers from EEA and Switzerland to the US in compliance with applicable data protection laws. If you are from certain territories (such as the EEA), you may have the right to exercise additional rights available to you under applicable laws, including:
- Right of erasure: In certain circumstances, you may have a broader right to erasure of personal information that we hold about you – for example, if it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was originally collected. Please note, however, that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes, to complete transactions or to comply with our legal obligations.
- Right to object to processing: You may have the right to request that TripBuilder Media stop processing your personal information and/or to stop sending you marketing communications.
- Right to restrict processing: You may have the right to request that we restrict processing of your personal information in certain circumstances (for example, where you believe that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- Right to data portability:In certain circumstances, you may have the right to be provided with your personal information in a structured, machine readable and commonly used format and to request that we transfer the personal information to another data controller without hindrance.
If you would like to exercise such rights, please contact us at the contact details below. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before complying with the request.
You also have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
Transfer / Use of information outside the European Economic Area
For some services we obtain from third parties, we use the European Commission’s standard contractual clauses commonly known as “model clauses” These model clauses are contract templates developed by the European Commission as a mechanism for contracting parties to legalize the cross-border transfer of Personal Data from EEA and Switzerland. Please note that the model clauses will apply to the extent there is not another legal basis in place to validate the transfer of Personal Data from the EU to outside of the EU. To learn more about the EU’s model clauses, please visit http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/international-transfers/transfer/index_en.htm.
Users Only of Legal Age of Majority
Our Sites are designed and intended for those who have reached the age of majority (18 years of age). By using any of our Sites you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age or older. We are not liable for any damages that may result from a user’s misrepresentation of age.
No one under age 13 is authorized to submit or post any information, including personally identifying information, on any of our Sites. Under no circumstances may anyone under age 13 use our Sites. Parents or legal guardians of children under 13 cannot agree to these terms on their behalf.
- By e-mail: email@example.com
- By postal service: TripBuilder Media Inc., 180 Post Road, Suite 200, Westport, CT 06880, USA
- By telephone: 1-203-227-1255
Effective Date: May 23, 2018